- 7 oz (200 grams) chocolate chips ( a mixture of unsweetened and semi-sweet chocolate chips)
- 3/4 cup (170 grams) butter, roughly chopped
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup (200 grams) sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup (84 grams) hazelnut meal
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- In a heatproof bowl, add the butter and 7 oz chocolate chips. Microwave for 1 minute and stir to combine. Continue to microwave, stopping every 15 seconds until the chocolate and butter are combined, smooth and silky.
- Set aside to cool slightly.
- Heat the oven to 350F. Line a 9X9″ baking pan with parchment paper.
- In a mixing bow, add the eggs and the sugar. With the paddle attachment on, beat on low to medium speed for 8 to 10 minutes until the mixture is thick, pale and almost tripled in volume.
- Pour in the melted chocolate and vanilla extract.
- With a spatula, gently fold in the hazelnut meal and the remaining 1/2 cup chocolate chips.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake in preheated over for 40 to 45 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let cool completely before cutting into bars.