- 1 package Martha White® Chocolate Chip Muffin Mix
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 2 packages (8 oz each) cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1/4 cup mini chocolate chips
- 2 oz baking chocolate, chopped
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- crushed candy cane
- Heat the oven to 325F. Line an 8 square baking pan with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a medium size baking bowl combine the chocolate chip muffin mix with the melted butter. With your fingers press the mixture on the bottom of the prepared baking pan.
- In the mixing bow of your stand mixer add the cream cheese and the sugar. With the paddle attachment on, beat on low speed until creamy.
- Beat in the peppermint extract and the eggs just until combined.
- With a spatula, fold in the chocolate chips
- Pour the cheesecake filling over the chocolate chip crust.
- Bake in the heated oven for 35 minutes.
- Turn the oven off and open the door ajar. Leave the cheesecake in the oven for at least 1 hour.
- Chill in the fridge for a couple of hours. before cutting into bars.
- Once the cheesecake is cut int bars, make the ganache.
- In a small bowl add the chopped chocolate and cream. Microwave for 30 to 60 seconds until the chocolate starts to melt. Stir until smooth and silky.
- Spoon a little ganache on top of each cheesecake bars. Finish with crushed candy cane.