- 4 cups bread flour
- 1 1/3 cups (whole) milk
- ¼ cup butter
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 2 packages (4½ tsp) RED STAR Platinum yeast
- 2 tablespoons melted butter, for brushing (optional)
- In a mixing bowl add the flour and make a well in the middle.
- In a measuring cup, add the milk, butter, sugar and salt. Microwave in 15 seconds increments until the butter is melted and the mixture’s temperature is between 110 and 120°F.
- Pour half of the milk mixture into the flour well. Scatter the yeast over it.
- Fit the mixer with the dough hook attachment. Start mixing on low speed, slowly pouring the remaining milk mixture until the dough comes together. If the dough seems dry, add more milk.
- The dough should be soft and elastic and cleans itself from the sides of the bowl. Remove the dough from the mixing bowl and divide it into 12 pieces (approximately 73 grams each)
- Place all the rolls into an 11-inch round baking pan or a 13X9-inch baking pan.
- Cover the rolls with a clean tea towel and let rest for about 5-8 minutes while the oven is pre-heating.
- Heat the oven to 400°F.
- Bake the rolls for 17-19 minutes or until golden brown.
- As soon as you remove the rolls from the oven, brush them with melted butter.