- 1 1/2 cup (180 grams) all purpose flour
- 3/4 cup (60 grams) cocoa powder
- 2/3 to 3/4 cup sugar in the raw
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 egg
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- Heat the oven to 350F. Grease a 9×5″ loaf pan. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl add the flour, cocoa powder, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt and whisk to combine.
- In a separate bowl lightly beat the egg. Add the buttermilk, yogurt and melted butter and stir to combine.
- Fold the wet ingredients into the dry ones and mix until just combined. Do not overmix.
- Spoon the batter into the prepared pan and bake for 45-50 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Leave to cool slightly in the loaf pan before removing it.
- Cool completely before slicing it. Enjoy!