- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast cut into 1″ chunks
- 1 pound penne pasta
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons chipotle pepper sauce from canned adobo peppers
- 1 yellow bell pepper chopped
- 1 red bell pepper chopped
- 1/2 yellow onion chopped
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 pound fresh asparagus the thinner the better
- 6 ounces shredded parmesan cheese
- cilantro and tortilla chip strips for garnish optional
Note: click on times in the instructions to start a kitchen timer while cooking.
Set your water to boil for your pasta.
Add the asparagus to the pasta water and boil for 2-3 minutes or until tender crisp.
Shock it with cold water through a colander.
Add the pasta to a minute shy of the directions and drain into the same bowl as the asparagus but don’t rinse.
In a bowl with your chicken add the lemon juice, salt and pepper and let sit as you cook the rest of the dish.
In a large skillet add the butter and melt over medium heat.
Add the bell peppers and onions and cook until just translucent.
Add in the garlic and cook an extra minute.
Remove the vegetables and add in the olive oil.
Add the chicken to the pan and turn the heat up to medum-high.
Brown the chicken on both sides.
Add in the honey and stir, cooking an additional 5 seconds.
Add the bell pepper mixture back to the pan
Stir well, then add in the adobo sauce, heavy cream and Parmesan cheese.
Cook for 3-4 minutes then add in the pasta, asparagus and frozen green peas.
Stir to coat everything and serve with any garnishes you’d like (Cheesecake Factory uses tortilla strip chips and cilantro).