- 1 Box Betty Crocker Chocolate Fudge Cake Mix
- 1 Can Diet Coke
- 1 pkg (3.4oz) Sugar-free, fat-free chocolate pudding mix
- 1 ¾ C Skim milk
- 1 pkg Cool Whip Free (or Lite) 8oz
- Sugar-free hot fudge sauce (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Prepare cupcakes by combining your chocolate cake mix and diet coke, whisking until cake mix is dissolved and well mixed. Divide batter between lined cupcake pan.
- Bake at 350°F for 14-16 minutes. Check the cupcakes for doneness by inserting a toothpick into the center of the cupcake. If the toothpick comes out clean, the cupcakes are done.
- Allow the cupcakes to cool completely. Use the end of wooden spoon to poke 3-4 holes in the top of the cupcakes.
- In a separate bowl, combine chocolate pudding mix and skim milk. Whisk until pudding mix is dissolved. Immediately (before the pudding has set) put prepared pudding mix in a measuring cup. Gently pour the pudding mix over each cupcake, dividing as evenly as possible. Pudding mix will absorb into the cupcakes.
- Refrigerate for at least 10 minutes until the pudding is set.
- Top cupcakes with whipped cream, dividing evenly between cupcakes. Drizzle with sugar-free chocolate fudge sauce if desired.
- Keep refrigerated or freeze leftovers.