- 4 medium sized chicken breasts, pounded to an even thickness (about 1-inch thick)
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- salt and pepper, to taste
- * Brine: Combine the ¼ cup of salt and 4 cups of warm water in a shallow baking dish and stir it gently until the salt is dissolved.
- Add the chicken breasts and let them sit in the mixture to brine for 15 minutes.
- Remove the chicken breasts from the brine, rinse them with cold water, then pat them dry with some paper towels.
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Place the chicken breasts in a single layer in a large baking dish. Brush on both sides (turning once) evenly with the melted butter.
- In a separate medium bowl, mix brown sugar, garlic, salt and pepper until combined. Then rub 1-2 Tbsp of the mixture evenly over the each chicken.
- Bake for 18 minutes, or until surface is golden per photos and video, or internal temperature is 165F using a meat thermometer.
- Serve warm, garnished with parsley, if desired.