- 16 large sea scallops , (1 – 1 1/2 pounds)
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 cup panko bread crumbs
- 4 tablespoons Parmesan cheese , grated
- 2 tablespoons parsley , chopped
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter , melted
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
Note: click on times in the instructions to start a kitchen timer while cooking.
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
Dry scallops well with paper towel and remove any attached side-muscle on the scallop by pinching and tearing it away from the scallop (the muscle is much tougher to eat than the scallop).
Combine the salt, pepper, paprika, cayenne, panko, Parmesan, parsley, olive oil, and butter in a bowl stirring well until combined.
Place the scallops into an 8×10 baking dish, then cover with the bread crumb mixture.
Bake for 15-18 minutes or until the topping is browned.