- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds, toasted
- 2 teaspoons fresh grated ginger
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 3-4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- Vegetable cooking spray or vegetable oil for the grill
- Thin sliced green onions for garnish
Toast the sesame seeds, stirring frequently, in a small non-stick skillet over medium heat until lightly browned,
Combine the sesame seeds, ginger, honey and soy sauce in a small bowl. Whisk until combined.
Place the chicken in a heavy-duty zip lock bag and flatten the breasts using a meat mallet or rolling pin. Pound each to an even thickness starting at the biggest end.
Lightly spray or oil the grill to prevent sticking.
Preheat grill on medium-high. Cook the breasts about 8 minutes on each side or until clear juices are visible. Baste the chicken frequently with the soy mixture, using it all or discarding any remaining sauce.
Allow the chicken to rest 5 minutes before serving. Garnish this thin sliced green onions if desired.
- This sauce is also perfect for chicken skewers or on grilled salmon.
- Feel free to use chicken thighs but adjust grilling time accordingly.