- 1 lb rigatoni
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup diced onions
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- ½ cup vodka
- ½ cup beef broth
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 14 oz diced tomatoes, fire roasted
- 1 28 oz can crushed tomatoes
- 1 lb Italian meatballs
- ½ cup heavy cream
- In a large sauce pan, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the onions and cook until soft 3-4 minutes. Add the garlic and cook an additional minute.
- Add the vodka to the pan and cook until reduced by half (about 5 minutes). Stir in the beef broth, diced tomatoes and crushed tomatoes.
- Bring tomato mixture to a simmer and add the meatballs. Cook 15-20 minutes or until meatballs are done.
- Prepare pasta according to package directions while meatballs cook.
- When meatballs are ready, stir in heavy cream until combined. Toss the pasta with the sauce and garnish with parsley