- rep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 8:00 h
- Ready In : 8:10 h
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 pound (480 g) lean ground beef
- 2 large carrots, peeled and diced
- 4 celery stalks, diced
- 1 medium yellow onion, peeled and diced
- 28 oz (840ml) can crushed tomatoes, undrained
- 2 cans (14.½ oz (430 ml) each) beef broth
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 15 oz (450 ml) can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 15 oz (450 ml) can red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup (250 ml) uncooked ditalini pasta
In a large nonstick skillet, heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Add ground beef and cook, stirring occasionally, until browned and no longer pink.
Remove cooked meat from the skillet and transfer to the slow cooker. Add remaining ingredients, except beans and pasta.
Cover slow cooker and cook on low-heat setting for 7-8hours. 30 minutes before serving stir in beans and pasta.
Turn off the slow cooker and open the lid. Discard bay leaves Season Fagioli soup with salt and black pepper and stir well.
Ladle into soup bowls. Serve hot.