- 1 ½ pounds (720 g) boneless and skinless chicken breasts
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) marinara sauce
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) BBQ sauce
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) chicken stock
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- For the Pasta:
- 1/2 pound (240 g) cooked penne pasta
- 1 cup (250 ml) BBQ sauce
- 8 chopped green onions
- 1/2 pound (240 g) shredded Cheddar cheese
In 6-quart (6 l) slow cooker, combine chicken, marinara sauce, 1/3 cup BBQ sauce, chicken stock, garlic powder, onion powder, and salt. Mix well.
Cover the pot and cook on high-heat setting for 2-2½ hours or until chicken is tender.
Open the lid and stir in the cooked pasta, cheddar cheese, 1/3 cup more BBQ sauce, and green onions. Turn the pot off, then replace the lid and allow to stay for 3 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Remove cooked chickne pasta from the slow cooker nad transfer to serving plates. Garnish with more cheese, green onions, and chopped fresh parsley if desired. Enjoy!