- 2½ cups (375 ml) chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 oz (60 g) sliced mushrooms
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1½pounds (720 g) boneless and skinless chicken thighs, diced
- 1/2 pound (240 g) uncooked macaroni
- 1/2 cup chopped drained oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes with herbs
- 1/2 pound (240 g) cubed cream cheese
- 1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 5 oz (150 g) fresh baby spinach leaves
Grease 6-quart (6 l) slow cooker with nonstick cooking spray. Pour in chicken broth, then add Italian seasoning, mushrooms, salt, and pepper flakes. Mix well.
Stir in diced chicken. Cover the pot and cook on high-heat setting for 1½-2 hours or until chicken is cooked through.
Open the lid and stir in pasta and tomatoes. Cover slow cooker and ontinue cooking on high-heat setting for a further 25-30 minutes or until macaroni is tender, stirring twice.
Open the lid and add cubed cream cheese and Parmesan cheese. Stir until cheeses melt. Add spinach and mix until spinach wilted. Cover the pot and allow to stay for 5-10 minutes.
Stir well before serving. Transfer to serving plates. Serve hot.