- 2 pounds (960 g) beef sirloin steak
- salt, freshly ground black pepper, and Steak Seasoning to taste
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 cups (750 ml) water, divided
- 1 beef bouillon cube
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 medium sweet onion, peeled and diced
Rub the sirloin steak with salt, black pepper, and Steak Seasoning.
In a large frying pan, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat. Add seasoned meat and sear on both sides, for about 1 minute. Remove seared beef from the pan and transfer to the slow cooker.
Add 2 cuops (500 ml) water and beef bouillon cube to the pan. Stir well until beef bouillon cube dissolved completely. Bring the mixture to a boil.
In a small mixing bowl, combine 1 cup (250 ml) water, all-purpose flour, garlic powde, onion, powder, and more black pepper. Stir well and slowly pour mixture into the pan. Whisk well. Bring mixture to a boil, whisking continously, until thickened.
Remove the gravy from the pan and pour innto the slow cooker. Stir in diced sweet onion.
Cover the slow cooker and cook on high-heat setting for 4 hour or until beef is tender.
Turn off the slow cooker and open the lid. Transfer cooked beef to a cutting board. Cut or shred the meat. Transfer to serving plates. Pour the gravy over. Serve over mashed potatoes or cooked rice.